Surf Junction Campground
A place where camping, surf, art, friends, family, and adventure meet.
Surf Junction Campground is a wonderfully unique, family owned and operated, campground and surf school that’s located near the entrance of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, in Ucluelet, BC. We work hard trying to create a place where surfers, families, and outdoor enthusiasts can meet, camp, surf and explore everything this region has to offer. While we are NOT located on the beach, we are very close! We are about a 5-minute drive to Wickaninnish Beach where most of our camper’s surf.
Here at Surf Junction, we have much to offer and pride ourselves on our great customer service, quirky artistic vibe and a great community of like-minded campers. We have large private sites with clean new facilities and a wide variety of services in a gorgeous woodland setting. The campground has 75 campsites, ranging from tenting sites to large full-service RV sites, which are situated on 72 acres, in the privacy and peace of the forest. The campground is divided into two sections; the Front Lot and the Back Lot.
The Front Lot is the original campground (sites 1A- 49). This is where the hot tub and sauna are located, as well as the main campground office/ store, Surf Junction Surf School, our playing field, and the Outdoor Covered Area. If you want to be near the thick of the action, this is where it is at!
The Back Lot is the new addition to the campground. We’ve added 25 private, treed, and sunny campsites on the new 54-acre parcel of land. This area is extremely private, quiet, and a bit more rustic. If you love feeling like you’re surrounded by nature, you will absolutely fall in love with this area. While we are working on making the two sections feel more cohesive, the Back Lot is fairly far from the front campground (1km). We are currently building roads and trails to connect everything. In the Back Lot, you’ll be able to enjoy our brand new Communal Building, which has showers, flush toilets, and an indoor communal space where you can cook and prep meals or just hang out and escape the rain, all while looking out over a beautiful riparian area. We plan on doing a lot of events here, including our new Surfing Workshops and talks from local organizations.
From surf rentals to coffee and espresso drinks along with firewood, snacks and other camping essentials, Surf Junction has most of your camping needs right in the main office. We also have a small store in the Back Lot as well, called The Snack Shack. The campground staff can book surf lessons through Surf Junction Surf School, as well as: whale watching, bear watching, fishing and many other adventures. We can also give you directions to any of the area’s many attractions.
- Coffee and Premium espresso drinks
- Basic Food (oatmeal, pasta, canned goods, frozen Two River Meats, condiments, etc.)
- Merchandise (hats, shirts, and sweatshirts)
- Snacks (organic)
- Surf Wax
Surf Junction Surf School
- Surf Lessons
- Surf Rentals (Full Surf Shop gear: wetsuits, boots, hoods, gloves, boards, bodyboards, SUPS)
- Aftanas Surfboard Demos
- Surf Wax
- Surf fins
- Fin Keys
- Aftanas Surfboards for Sale
Our Amenities include:
- Tenting Sites (2A, 2B, 5-11, 14-16, 18, 20, 24, 37, 50-67, & 75)
- 15 amp & Water Sites (1A,1B, 3, 21, 23, & 25)
- 30 amp & Water Sites (17, 19, 29, 31, 39, 45, 47-49)
- Full-Hookup Sites (40-44 & 74)
- Large Full-Hookup RV Sites (28, 30, 32-36, 68-73)
- Hike-In Sites(W1, W2, & W3)
- Potable Water (you can drink it)
- Hot showers (coin operated. $.25 = 1 minute of hot water)
- Flush toilets (4 flush toilet facilities throughout the campground)
- Composting Toilets
- Water taps
- Picnic Tables (in every campsite)
- Fire Pits (in every campsite)
- Dishwashing stations (located throughout the campground)
- Hot tub (free for campers)
- Sauna (free for campers)
- Wetsuit Drying Station ($5 per person for entire stay)
- Wetsuit washing station (free)
- Playground(coming 2020)
- Extra parking ($15 per night)
- Covered Picnic Area
- Rec Hall/ Communal Kitchen and Bathrooms (Back Lot)
About the owners:
Nick and Kaleigh, who are originally from Washington, bought Surf Junction back in 2012, after staying in site 5 on their honeymoon. They absolutely love Ukee, the campground, their staff, and all the incredible campers that come every year. The campground is more than just a business to them, it’s a family and a community. They’re learning as they go, so if you ever have any ideas, tips or anything, please let them know! Nick runs the grounds/maintenance and teaches surf lessons while Kaleigh runs the office. They do it while juggling their two boys, Sony and Murphy. If you see them around, say hi and chat them up!