For large groups (8 or more) we recommend making reservations for surf rentals in which case the process will be much quicker if you can print out the following text and have each person sign a copy.
SURF JUNCTION CAMPGROUND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
THIS DOCUMENT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES
*PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING*
TO: Surf Junction Campground Limited
I am aware that surfing and surf lessons involves many inherent RISKS, DANGERS and HAZARDS, including, but not limited to, the use and operation of surfboards, impact of collision with surfboards or any part thereof including the fins and other attachments; skin irritations or abrasions caused by the use of wetsuits provided by Surf Junction Campground; ear infections caused by the water; impact with the beachhead, or, as the case may be, the ocean floor or river bottom; severe weather conditions; my ability to swim in dangerous ocean or river conditions, as the case may be; extreme water and air temperatures; the prevailing condition of the surf; undertow and tide; the possible existence of dangerous rocks, weeds, reefs, driftwood, logs, floating objects, sea mammals and other hazards and obstructions, whether marked or unmarked in the area chosen by you to conduct Surfing Tours; impact of collision with swimmers or other surfers or their surfboards, whether or not caused by negligence of such swimmers or surfers; dangers involved in travelling to the surfing area including transportation provided by Surf Junction Campground Limited and hazards involved in reaching the shoreline by foot; negligence on the part of Surf Junction Campground or its staff. I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from such risks, dangers, and hazards. In consideration of Surf Junction Campground Limited agreeing to provide permitting my use of Surf Junction Campground surfboards and wetsuits (which are together referred to as the “Surfing Equipment”),
I hereby agree as follows:
- TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS in connection with my use of the Surf Lesson, Surfing Services and/or Surfing Equipment;
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I may have against Surf Junction Campground Limited, their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives (all of whom are collectively referred to as “Surf Junction Campground”
- TO RELEASE Surf Junction Campground Limited from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I, or my next of kin, may suffer or incur as a result of my use of the Surfing Services and/or surfing Equipment, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SURF JUNCTION CAMPGROUND LIMITED
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SURF JUNCTION CAMPGROUND LIMITED from any and all liability for property damage, personal injury or death suffered by myself or by a third party as a result of my use of the Surf lessons, Surfing services and/or Surfing Equipment;
- THAT THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT shall be effective and binding on my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and assigns, in the event of my death;
- TO OBEY all warnings, safety instructions, cautions and other notices provided to me by Surf Junction Campground Limited;
- Surf Junction Campground Limited has the right to refuse to provide me with surfing equipment or instruction if, in the opinion of Surf Junction Campground Limited, my swimming abilities, health or the prevailing weather conditions could render it dangerous or unsafe for me to use such Surfing Equipment.
I have read and understood this Release and Indemnity Agreement prior to signing it and am aware that by signing this document, I am affecting the legal rights and liabilities of myself, my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in relation to Surf Junction Campground Limited.
DATED THIS _____ DAY OF __________,______ ____________
STUDENTS NAME ______________________________________________
(Parent or guardian if under 18 years)